Natural pesticides are pesticides made from natural components that are easily available.
These pesticides effectively manage plant pests and diseases while causing no harm to the environment.
A wide range of pests, including brown planthoppers, grasshoppers, insects, fleas, and fungus, may be wiped out by these organic pesticides made.
It is important to note that when applying pesticides, it is best to use a variety of pesticides since using just one kind of pesticide will make the pests resistant (resistance). Use a variety of insecticides in alternate applications.
It would be helpful to utilize many organic pesticide formulas that could be used interchangeably.
Here are some organic pesticide recipes for you to try.
How to Make Pesticides I
- 1 liter of water.
- 1 tbsp neem oil (neem leaf extract) can be purchased online or made your own.
- Baking Soda 1 tbsp (not baking powder).
- Alternative additives: 0.25 tbsp clove oil.
- Adhesive: Aloe vera plant flesh, use sparingly (scrape the inside of the leaf).
Mix or dissolve all ingredients in one liter of water.
How to use
- Put the mixture in the sprayer.
- Spray in the morning, before 7 am, or in the evening after 5 o’clock. This is done to avoid burning plants due to the content of the hot pesticide mixture.
- Because the effect on plants can vary, try spraying on 1 or 2 leaves first, then watch 1 or 2 hours later if the plant leaves wilt. If the leaves are wilted, your mixture is too thick. It would help if you diluted the mixture by adding water.
- In case of a pest attack, you can spray insecticide once a week. If the pest attack is severe, you can use it twice a week.
- For maintenance purposes, you can spray it every ten to fifteen days.
How to Make Pesticide II
- Two aloe vera leaves (use the flesh and skin of the leaves).
- Three handfuls of neem leaves. If unavailable, soursop leaves (10-20 pieces), papaya (2 pieces), or bitter leaf can be replaced. Neem Oil can also replace it.
- One piece of garlic (usually consists of several cloves / not one clove).
- One onion or three shallots.
- Five red chilies or ten cayenne peppers.
- Turmeric 2 or 3 finger joints.
How to make
Peel all the ingredients (except the aloe vera leaf), then put them in a blender. Add enough water between 500 ml to 1 liter. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
When the blender is completed, filter the organic pesticide liquid into a basin.
To filter quickly, use a cloth in a large basin. Squeeze the contents of the blender onto a cloth filter and place it in a basin.
The leftover dregs may be added to the compost mix (after drying).
When the filter is finished, place it in a glass bottle storage.
How to store, can be kept in the refrigerator for months. Label it, so you don’t use it for anything unexpected.
How to use
How to use organic pesticides can be for prevention or treatment.
For prevention, you can mix 100-200 ml of the solution with 2 liters of water. Spraying interval for healthy plants once every 15 days.
As for the treatment of plants that pests have attacked, mix 200-400 ml of the solution with 2 liters of water. Frequency of spraying one time a week.
You can add 0.5 tablespoons of organic liquid detergent to strengthen the penetration power of organic pesticides (optional).
Spray on plants when the sun isn’t too intense, such as before seven o’clock in the morning or after 5 p.m. in the afternoon.
Before spraying the entire plant, you need to test a leaf or two of the plant first.
After spraying, see the effect 2 to six hours later. If the leaves wilt, try adding water to reduce the effect of the pesticide.